Our thinking determines where we end up in life. Faulty thinking often leads to a victim or a dependent mentality. Correct thinking leads to lasting success. Develop the right thinking and latch on to the right process and you will leave a legacy.
1. Success is a process. A proven process produces predictable results. Defining the results we want is a critical step in the process.
2. Lasting success requires proper thinking. Is your thinking process requiring an upgrade? Thinking determines where we end up in life.
3. We must believe to see. Belief comes first. Belief in what’s to come is called faith. Believing before seeing leads to living our beliefs and surrendering to the faith.
4. We must see to do. Have vision; a clear picture of the destination. Have purpose; the reason for your existence. Have dreams; the deep desires of the heart. Have goals; the accomplishments needed to live the dreams.
5. We must do to improve. Strategy is the approach to achieve the goals. The plans are the specific steps to achieve the goals. The actions are the activities from the plans. Practice of specific repeatable steps is necessary to reach mastery. Habits are present when practice becomes second nature.
6. We must improve to succeed. Humility is required to face our results. Mastery to success comes from a continuous feedback look of planning, doing, checking, and adjusting with a relentless focus on results driven by a desire to enjoy the fruits from reaching the goals.
7. We must succeed to leave a legacy. Success leaves clues and the clues comprise a legacy. Don’t just succeed, succeed at something that matters. Eternity is a long time to be wrong. Follow the proper process to leave a legacy for centuries to come.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy