How to Kill Procrastination – Part II
1. Use self-imposed pressure. I love this line of two letter words – “If it is up to be, it is up to me.” Think “it must be done and it has to be started now.” Think now is the best time to get it done. Get in motion.
2. Take a nap. Replenish the precious energy. Take short breaks and many deep breaths with those breaks. Short naps are so underrated. Three naps a day allow me to live three times longer.
3. Date your dream. Keep the eye on your dream and keep the dream in front of you. Burn the images of your dream in your mind. Eventually your God-given dreams will get to our hearts. Visualize how the dream is possible if I keep on swinging. Dream chasers are the owners of the future.
4. Unplug the electronics. Eliminate the distractions and the garbage that comes with them. Set specific times to plug the electronics and respond to them. Batch-respond to requests. Leverage technology instead of technology leveraging you.
5. Tackle the difficult big tasks head on. Break the big tasks into small ones and go after them with a vengeance. Nothing can be that big that can’t be chipped away a step at a time. Anyone can do what is easy; champions get the difficult done on a consistent basis.
6. Find the time. We always tend to find the time for what is really important. It is in the cracks of time we get the important things done. There is as much time as we allow for getting anything done. What matters is the size of the dreams we are chasing within the time we are allocated while we are here on this earth.
7. Develop the urgency. We create the urgency that is necessary to overcome the inertia. Once the momentum is created stay with it, ride on it, and leverage it. You can tell who is out there just going through the day to day grind, who is out there chasing a career, and then you can really tell the very few who are out there chasing their dream. Be a dream chaser, like a lion that lock the eye on a particular gazelle, and stay with it until your dream becomes a reality.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy