Sunday, July 5, 2015

You can make a difference

You can make a difference

If it is up to be it is up to me.

This story was written by an Unknown Monk, in 1100 A.D.

“When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.  Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world."

1.       We first have to want to change; something compelling to change.
2.      The seeds of change are already inside us; it is called desires.
3.      Changing ourselves is hard enough; imagine changing someone else.
4.      Refusing to change it is the same thing as leading a horse to water.
5.      You can take the horse to the well but you can't make the horse drink.
6.      You can always add some salt to the oats before you lead the horse to the water.
7.      By changing ourselves we inspire others to change themselves.

Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.   

Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead

"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."


No comments:

Post a Comment