The Happiness Edge
Happiness is an inside job. Happiness is a byproduct of our state of mind. What are the things one can do to increase happiness on a daily basis? Here are 7 things known to increase our happiness.
1. Count our blessings. Yes, have an attitude of gratitude. The truth is we all have many things to be thankful for on a daily basis.
2. Be a friend. Friendship is one of the great contributors of happiness. We all need real friendship encounters on a daily basis.
3. Desire to live. Have you noticed those people who have a strong sense of wonder are happier? Cultivate curiosity about what is around you.
4. Strong faith. Yes, people with strong faith about the future are happier. Life without faith is empty.
5. Acceptance. Accept who you are and others where they are. Be fast to recover from the blunders of life and move on.
6. Search for meaning. Yes, people who have meaning and purpose to their lives are happier. The journey in search for meaning leads to a happy state of mind.
7. Emotional resilience. If you spilled the content of the glass, see it as an opportunity to fill it up again. Positive emotions lead to a general sense of happiness.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."