More to Life
Yes, there is more to life than the day to day grind. There is more to life than to chasing the buck, spending our precious time in the pursuit of material things. We all start life with the pursuit of money and/or fame and the few that get plenty of it realize that life is not about money and/or fame. Don’t believe it? Look at the tail end of the lives of many actors, athletes, lottery winners, and even CEOs. The next level of living is to seek recognition and respect from those we respect and trust, typical of career driven individuals. The highest level of living is to live our God-given purpose and to leave a legacy for the betterment of others. Yes, the glory ought to go to those pursuing and living their calling. Here are a few thoughts on more to life:
1. More than a job. How about doing meaning work? What are you giving in exchange for the money you are receiving?
2. More than a career. How about fulfilling your purpose? What are you giving up by going up that proverbial corporate ladder?
3. More than materialism. How about using money as a tool to help others live better lives? Are you leaving the places you go better than you found them?
4. More than being on the front page. How about leaving the front page for those that do real work? Are you giving credit to those helping you to succeed?
5. More than being entertained. How about being educated? Are you leveraging your experiences and the experiences of others to become wise?
6. More than pleasures. How about educating others? Are you willing to exchange those pleasure filled trips with educational trips?
7. More than being served. How about being the servant? Are you willing to serve those that the world has forgotten?
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.