Dancing to Life
Another item in the bucket list is crossed; took a dancing lesson last night. It was pure educational fun. In one lesson, we learned the basics common to forró, vaneira, and bolero and we were able to dance all three at the end of the lesson. The experience was such to bring us back again to the dancing floor soon!
Here are the 7 lessons from the lesson.
1. The fundamentals. The understanding and the practice of simple steps led to the understanding. Mastering the fundamentals is the key to any endeavor we attempt in life.
2. The incremental. Repetition of simple steps leads to incremental learning. Learning occurs when we don’t even know we are learning.
3. The teachers. Having great teachers to demo the moves is the key to success. Show me and I will understand; encourage me to do it and I will learn. Thank you Mônica Rosa Zeni and Peterson Silva Souza for a great experience.
4. The action. Nothing replaces the doing, the action of doing is liberating. Dancing is meditation in action. Dancing is expressive meditation.
5. The progress. Incremental progress leads to success. Progress boosts our self-esteem.
6. The art and the science. He leads and focuses on the science, the techniques; she follows and focuses on the art, the beauty. Science and art go hand in hand, connected by hands.
7. The results. The results come from following the basics, the fundamentals. Results feed our belief system.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy