Words from the Wise - Part II
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Let’s take to heart the words of wisdom from those that lived before us.
1. Fears. If we don’t defeat our fears, our fears will defeat us. Take action to cure your fears.
2. Achievement. Great achievement does not come from lucky breaks in life but from doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done.
3. Dreams. The world is open and waiting for people that are willing to put in the work required to realize their dreams.
4. Winning. To win the game of life we need to be in the game. Spectators are just bystanders living through the victories of others.
5. Busyness. People only wish they had more time to read, exercise, think, pray, write, meditate; time for them, time to travel, tome for friends and family, and time for their hobbies. We all have 24 hours in a day. We have to make time if we want to live our priorities.
6. Ethics. We used to learn ethics at home then re-learn them at school. Now the youth is no longer learning ethics in either place. Professional ethics does not take place of personal ethics, our values. No wonder we are falling as a nation. We emphasize the legal over the moral; the big problem is that most of the legal is no longer moral.
7. Freedom. Vigilance is the price of freedom. Freedom is not free. The Titanic sunk because of lack of vigilance (complacency, invincibility, arrogance). Captain E. J. Smith had spent 40 uneventful years at sea. When interviewed he said he had never been in any accident, saw only one vessel in distress, never been or saw a wreck, and never was in any predicament threatened to end in disaster. Talk about playing safe!!! How fast things can change once we lose sight of what it takes to remain free.
Now you know so apply what you know!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)