Why Invest in Michigan, USA?
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Is it time to invest in Michigan yet? I think so if you are a contrarian.
Here are 7 reasons the time has come to invest in Michigan:
1. Fresh Water. Michigan is surrounded by the largest fresh water source in the world, the great lakes. Water will become a very valuable resource in the future.
2. Diversity. Diverse fauna and flora. Diverse agriculture and industry. Many lakes and forests. Many rolling hills.
3. Contrarian play. Do what others aren’t willing to do and you can have what others will not have. Many people left the state looking for opportunities elsewhere. Go against the current and keep on swimming until the current turns in your favor. The smart money is always contrarian.
4. Value. Many assets in Michigan are undervalued. Michigan is a low cost of living state along with a low cost country living. The price of land and housing are becoming very attractive to the smart money.
5. Weather. Michigan has four defined seasons. Harsh winters for those who don’t like snow. Easy to get out in the winter via Detroit International Airport. Amazing long summer days. Gorgeous springs with a multitude of flowers. Fantastic fall colors make Michigan a true paradise on earth.
6. Long term play. Time in is more important than timing. Dig well before getting thirsty. Think about leaving something for future generations.
7. Turnaround. Michigan is the turnaround state. Michigan has a great history. Yes it got blasted with the downturn of the auto industry. Michigan entrepreneurial companies are starting to lead in the way in the new economic age.
Difficulties set the stage for great turnarounds. If you are a long term thinker and are willing to delay gratification then the time has come to make the move. Invest in Michigan.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)