The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
The World According to Mr. Fred Rogers
Mr. Rogers left a tremendous legacy by nurturing the minds of millions of children, mine included.
Do you have the courage to be yourself? Mr. Rogers did! Therefore he was successful. Success is the freedom to be who you are. It takes courage to be who you were created to be, you.
Here are today’s nuggets from Mr. Rogers:
1. Who you are inside is what helps you make and do everything in life.
2. Whatever we choose to imagine can be as private as we want it to be. Nobody knows what you’re thinking or feeling unless you share it.
3. How many times have you noticed that it’s the little quiet moments in the midst of life that seem to give the rest extra-special meaning?
4. There’s a nurturing element to all human beings, whenever they themselves have been nurtured, and it’s going to be expressed one way or another.
5. It’s not the honors and the prizes and the fancy outsides of life that ultimately nourish our souls. It’s the knowing that we can be trusted, that we never have to fear the truth, that bedrock of our very being is firm.
6. All our lives, we rework the things from our childhood, like feeling good about ourselves, managing our angry feelings, being able to say good-bye to people we love.
7. Solitude is different than loneliness, and it doesn’t have to be a lonely kind of thing.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)