The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Hopelessness leads to despair. Hope is one of the pillars to a great live.
What is hope and why is hope so important?
Hope is to cherish a desire with anticipation. Hope is a desire with expectation of obtainment.
Hope allows us to live simple, unspectacular, and very ordinary lives that eventually produce results surprises the world.
1. Positive action. Hope is based on positive action. Hope is dead without action. Hope springs out of faith. Hope eventually leads to action. Action is the key to keep hope alive.
2. Faith. Faith is a virtue. Hope comes out of faith. Faith is the belief in the unseen. Hope is a demonstration of faith. Faith is a gift from God. Faith is reasonable. Our acts of faith are reasonable. Our faith has content. Having faith means belonging. Faith is having hope for something bigger than this world. Christ only revealed one set of truths. We can ascend to the truth with our mind and our will proving that God exists.
3. Dream. Hope is like a dream that will become reality once faith is demonstrated. Where there is a dream there is hope. Nothing happens without a dream first. Dreams are powerful motivators to get us from where we are to where we want to go.
4. Light. Hope is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The light allows us to see what is next in our journey. See a mile walk a mile. Keeping hope alive is important to keep the light shining our path. Enthusiasm is the fuel used to keep the light burning.
5. Extraordinary. Hope allows the ordinary to become extraordinary. Hope pumps love into our actions. Hope gets us up in the morning each day to accomplish something new, something bigger and more meaningful.
6. Attitude. Hope turbocharges our positive attitudes towards productive actions. Attitude is a choice. Attitude is a daily choice we make based on our hope of better things to come.
7. Mind. Mind the hope and hope will feed your faith. Daily doses of hope are the key to strong faith. All we need to do is to look around and see the goodness present everywhere. Of course, we can also look for evil and find it everywhere as well. Whatever we look for we eventually find it, good or evil. Life is to be lived forward, not backwards, because if we LIVE backwards is EVIL.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)