Entrepreneur or Labor
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
We live in a new economic age. Those that ignore the new age wealth will ignore them. A genius in a dying trend will lose to a moron in an uptrend. In old age the safe thing was to go to school get good grades get a safe and secure job and live the American dream. Those relying on a pension and social security are up for a big surprise when inflation ravages the land. In the new age, the entrepreneurial age, the safe thing is to become an entrepreneur in order to have fun, make money and make a difference.
Today we will contrast two different ways to work. The first is to work as an entrepreneur creating your future and the second working in a job for someone else’s future. The nuggets may sound very harsh and not truthful to us because we all have been trained to think and act as employees. The purpose is to strike your brain to get you thinking. We become what we think. We are the product of our thinking.
1. Dream. Entrepreneurs work for their dreams while employees work for someone else’s dreams.
2. Freedom. Entrepreneurs chase freedom while employees chase safety and security.
3. Mastery. Entrepreneurs master their craft while employees become jacks of all trades and masters of none.
4. Model. Entrepreneurs have mentors as models while employees have bosses.
5. Leverage. Entrepreneurs leverage a system while employees are leveraged as part of a system.
6. Life. Entrepreneurs work to make a life while employees struggle to make a living.
7. Legacy. Entrepreneurs leave a legacy while employees get a retirement watch.
WEALTH = When Entrepreneurs Apply Logic To Hope
POOR = People Overlooking Opportunities Repeatedly
FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real
JOB = Just Over Broke
LUCK = Laboring Under Correct Knowledge
HOPE = Helping Others Pursue Excellence
LIFE = Living Intentionally For Excellence
Wealth comes when you apply logic to hope. Stop overlooking opportunities. Take action to kill your fears. Become an entrepreneur. Get the right information and go to work on your dreams. Help others pursue excellence. Live intentionally for excellence and you will live the life you always wanted.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)