Just do it! And do it! And keep on doing it!
We often look for complex or sophisticated things to do to achieve results in all that we do. No matter who you are or what you do here are 7 simple things you can do to make your world a better place. Don’t think too much, just do it! And keep doing it until it become a habit.
1. Smile. Yes, simply smile as you go about your daily affairs.
2. Compliment. Yes, be observant and pay a simple compliment to someone.
3. Encourage. Yes, a simple positive word carries enormous power.
4. Refrain. Yes, catch yourself before saying something you may regret later.
5. Pray. Yes, say a simple prayer with someone for someone else.
6. Serve. Yes, do something for someone close to you in appreciation for being a friend.
7. Share. Yes, simply share something you have or learned with other around you.
Imagine if we all did these simple things once, than once a month, than once a week, then once a day, then as opportunities came along on a daily basis. Imagine what would happen to the quality of our lives. There is a lot of power in simplicity because we can all do it. Your circle of influence will grow, and with it your level of leadership. Leadership is simple influence in a vision driven and positive direction. Yes, you can do it. Just do it!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)