The song All you need is love by the Beatles can make us think about what is that we all need.
Is love all we really need? Isn’t peace and rest what we really want? We all grow up being indoctrinated to chase money first, and then free time in our golden years. When we have time and money we realize they are not the end game of life. Here are 7 nuggets for us to think about:
1. Wealth does not grow on trees; it grows out of our character. Wealth is a reflection of our character; our integrity and courage.
2. Our brains may get us to the top; it is our heart that keeps us there. We must love people.
3. The uncommon man takes commonsense principles and makes them uncommonly practical to apply.
4. Quick success in an illusion. Paradise Island has to be earned. The quick get rich thinking is an illusion. Learn to ask the right questions and apply the right answers to solve the problems you have accumulated of decades. We all get in messes over time so it is an illusion to think we will get out of them in a moment’s time.
5. Our personal growth determines the grow rate of our enterprises. We might as well start our growth journey now.
6. We all have dreams and I bet that all our ultimate dreams are about peace and rest. Life is all about learning how to build a bridge to go from this world to the next, the world of eternity. We become what we think so let’s think thoughts that matter.
7. Peace and rest is the ultimate need we all yearn. The things of this world are ephemeral. Peace and rest is a lost art in our fast, noisy, peace less, and restless world.
We can only make a difference by being different! Agreed?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)