Only the right thinking gives us the things we fear losing!
Feeding our minds with the right foods is extremely important. There are as many misconceptions about wealthy as there are people lacking wealth. Here is some shocking truth about wealth. We attract the very same things we fear of not having. Yes, it is as simple as that. We fear lack of money, lack of time, lack of love, and lack of health. Therefore we attract our fears and end with no money, busy on frivolous things, with broken relationships, without true love, and with poor health. The key is to feed the mind with the truth to push out the untruth and change our broken thinking. Time for a mental shower?
If you want to eat for one year, invest in wheat. If you want to eat for twenty years invest in trees. If you want to eat for a lifetime, invest in yourself and in people.
From neck down we are worth minimum wage, then why do we spend most of our money there, in our bodies and not in our brains?
Healthy, wealthy and wise people invest a lot more to feed their minds than they spend to feed their bodies. The common denominator of wealthy people is that they invest in themselves and in people; they also give away what they would like to have.The first store to shop is the one with information to correct our broken thinking, perhaps to fix our broken and stinking thinking!
Why not take council from the wealthy if we want to be wealthy?
1. Spend twice to feed the mind as you do to feed the body. Think of spending as an investment in your temple.
2. First work for money then put the money to work for you by giving it away as a form of investing it.
3. Don’t chase security, chase freedom instead. Financial free people have time, money, health, and great relationships. The way to lose the fear of lacking wealth is to give away the things we are lacking; they will come back to us multiplied. The way to be loved is to give love first; the way to have friends and relationships is to be a friend first by giving time to a friend. When we lose the fears of the things we are missing in our lives we end up attracting the same things we fear of losing. Sounds crazy, but it is absolutely true. Take time to reflect on this truth! Your wealth hinges on it.
4. Wealthy people use leverage and the power of compounding, relying on the compounding of continuous small efforts over time.
5. Wealthy people are long term thinkers and they exercise delayed gratification.
6. Wealthy people created their wealth by helping others and being generous givers. They lost the fears of not having time, money, relationships and health by giving those things away first. It is by giving that we receive the things we fear of losing. Stop attracting your fears. Live life fully by being a generous giver.
7. Wealthy people apply the laws of money to make money, use their time effectively, are masters of building relationships, and invest money continuously to keep their mind, body, soul, and spirit healthy. They conquered the fears of not having what they want by giving those same things away.
Thinking there is security in a job, pension, social security? Think again! Security is no longer where it used to be.
If we don’t like where we are in life, why don’t we stop listening to ourselves and start listening and leaning from people with bigger results than us? This truth had a loud ring in my ears!
Please let me know if the 7 daily nuggets is helping you. I would love to hear from the readers from the 50+ countries reading the nuggets.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)