Here are 7 powerful principles for all males choosing to be men. Everywhere we look, we can see a need for more strong men. Are you ready to step up to the plate and play the game of life as a great man?
1. Build a rock solid future on a rock solid foundation. Why so many men quit even before they finish building their foundations? It is understandable if the ladder you are climbing is leaning against the wrong wall. Why so many men expect success before they have built the foundation? Success is an inside job first. And there, is where change occurs. Change is hard because it requires surrendering our egos, humility, patience, persistence, and long term vision.
2. Have strong faith. Know where your blessings come from. Know what you believe in and why you believe in what you believe. Strong faith leads to commitment. Many men want the results but are only willing to put in partial commitment. Faith, belief, and commitment have to be 100%. 99% is 0%. Mental creation is a must before physical creation.
3. Have your word be your bond. Let your life speak. Do what you say you will do. Learn the truth, speak the truth, live the truth.
4. Learn continuously. Learn from success and failures alike. Let mentors speak truth into your life. Be a friend. A true friend helps a friend get better. Seize those teachable moments in life. Let your turning points propel you forward.
5. Confront reality, your scorecard. Be true to self. Watch for the sneaky self-deception. Know your values and never compromise them for any sort of gain.
6. Guard your sacredness from the world. Work to purify your spirit. Tend to the gardens of your heart, mind, and soul.
7. Lead responsibly. Take responsibility for following, leading yourself, and then leading others. Lead by example and by duty.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)