Why is it that everyone seems to be so busy? Yet, most live lives of quiet desperation.
We have become an enslaved society. It is a different form of slavery, dependence slavery. Dependence of materialism, dependence of approval of others, dependence of our government for survival Many live an illusionary life being imprisoned in a cell they created from their own self-centered selfishness. How can one get out of the misery of living in one’s own prison? We all want to get out and be free, so why don’t we? Perhaps we just don’t know the process or don’t have the right tools.
Let’s get started!
1) Silence leads to prayer. Why are we so afraid of silence? Why not have the time to reflect and look in the mirror to start finding solutions from a higher power. We become what we pray. Pray for who you are, pray for what you want to be. Ten minutes a day will do it! All of us can pray.
2) Prayer leads to faith. It is impossible to pray and not increase in faith. Prayers are like oxygen to our souls. The more we pray, the more we grow in faith. All of us can have faith.
3) Faith leads to love. Faith is belief in action. When we show belief in those around us we demonstrate we love them. Our actions demonstrate that we care about them. We let others know they can count on us. All of us can love.
4) Love leads to service. True love creates that burning desire in us to reach out and help those we love. All of us can serve.
5) Service leads to peace. An overwhelming sense of peace comes when we extend the hand to others we know cannot pay us back. The universe is fully connected. In one way or another, we can all serve. All of us can have peace.
6) Peace leads to freedom. Freedom is the most powerful force an individual and in a society. Let’s not take the freedom from granted. Think about our founding fathers. Think about what they had to go through to create a free nation. Let’s all do our part to preserve the precious freedoms we all take for granted. All of us can be free.
7) Freedom leads to significance. There is no end to what a truly free person can accomplish in a lifetime. Prosperity always comes after freedom because freedom leads to prosperity. All of us can live a significant life.
Now you know the process you can use to be free and free others. Why don’t you start the 7-step process yourself? Share it with others. Talk about it with others. Above all, remember that eternity is a long time to be wrong!
I have fought many battles over my 57 years of living. The big battles I won, I fought them over my knees.
The world needs you to be a better you today!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)