Nuggets from a hero and a Saint
Drew Brees’ book, Coming Back Stronger, is filled with nuggets
1) Faith in action is perfectly carried out in the field. Faith is hollow until we step in the field and put belief in action. We have to translate belief into action and do the things that our coaches and mentors tell us to do.
2) No pain, no gain. Following God is a day-by-day process, something we have to keep focusing on and practicing.
3) There is no opportunity without adversity. “Your actions speak so loudly I can’t hear what you are saying.” How we respond to adversity determines the quality of our leadership.
4) Keep on believing, even when the results are a long time coming.
5) Faith stands for: Fortitude, Attitude, Integrity, Trust, and Humility.
6) We have to believe we will overcome any situation we find ourselves to be in.
7) Defeat comes when our emotions and intensity do not match our preparation.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)