Friends around the globe, the nuggets are back. Thank you so much for all your birthday wishes. Costa Rica was great. Dre and I had a wonderful vacation there. No phone or emails for one week by choice (tempting for a sanguine/choleric!). I got tons of photos and nuggets. You will see them in the next few weeks.
When the going gets tough, the tough gets going!
1) Don’t give in. Never, ever surrender to mediocrity. Be on a quest to fight a good fight. Live up to your duties if you want to live to see your finest hour.
2) Learn how to deal with fear, danger, and conflict. Yes, you have to be crazy to defeat the enemy, the enemy of being average.
3) Overcome doubt, keep moving on. If you feel you are going through hell, keep going. You can be a warrior or a wimp, not both. Are your desires greater than the objections you are facing?
4) Fight bravely; put everything on the line, your reputation, your human dignity. Are you willing to die so others can live?
5) Be grateful for the troubles in your life. Seek out bigger and bigger challenges. Problem solvers are the ones that get rewarded. Deal with the challenges.
6) Be bold; take a stand so others can be better for the experience. Do the things that scare you to do. Do the right things regardless of pain, fear, and even ridicule.
7) Listen to the call to do something great. Learn from those that have lived lives of adventure and be inspired by their stories.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)