What do you bring to the world?
Here are 10 things you can bring to the world around you:
3. Abilities and skills
Last year I was blessed to be at a powerful talk given by MSU basketball coach Tom Izzo. Tom stated that the biggest problem with youth today is lack of self-evaluation. He went further to say that we, the audience, created the problem. The truth is sweet to our ears. The truth is just that, the truth, neither positive nor negative.
Self-deception is a killer disease, just a difficult to cure as excusitis is. With long term treatment, self-deception can be cured!
Why don’t you take a challenge and answer all the questions below? No rationalizing (telling yourself rational lies!). The first answer is the right answer in this case. Take no more than 10 seconds to jot down the answer to each question. Reflect on your answers. I can assure you will be glad you took the test.
1. What is your identity?
2. Are you a victor or victim?
3. Are you identified by what you do or by who you are?
4. What have you achieved so far in your life?
5. Have your contributions been greater than your rewards?
6. What are you going to be known for?
7. What is your reputation?
8. What are you known for?
9. Are you a giver or a taker?
10. Are you living a successful or a significant life?
11. Are you accepting the good life when a great life is available?
12. Are your comforts greater than your sacrifices?
13. Where are you looking for security?
14. How many lives are you positively influencing?
15. How many people are you helping to lead better lives?
16. What is your life scorecard revealing to you?
17. Are you heading in the right direction in life?
18. Are you just surviving or are you thriving in our fast changing world?
19. When it is all said and done and your life is over, can you say you did your best?
20. Are you relieving the suffering of others?
21. What is your final destination and how many are you taking with you?
America needs you to be a better you now, not later!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)