When the new is already old!!!
Just a few thoughts on how many things have changes while most of us were distracted. Yes, you may get upset or even mad. And that my dear readers may be a good thing for you to do. At some point we all need to away up and smell the coffee.
Still thinking about …
1. Getting an education. Imagine going to college to get trained for a career in jobs that no longer exist. Value experiences over degrees. Seek skills over traditional education so you don’t become another educated poor. Find a mentor to help with your financial, personal, and professional development. In a recent poll 95% of college graduates and their teachers said the graduates were ready to enter the workforce. Contrast that with the 14% of CEOs. Ouch! Talk about self-deception! Time to leave the fantasy world and face reality?
2. Getting a secure job. Security is no longer found in jobs. Security is found in our ability to perform. Wages have gone down 8% in the last 15 years while the cost of what we buy has gone up 43%. Security is found in investing in yourself so you can build assets to provide future income. Careful to volunteer for a trap you don’t know it is a trap. Imagine working in a job you don’t like to service a suffocating debt burden. Time to start thinking?
3. Being entertained. Avoid entertainment and seek leisure so you can rid self of stress and learn and grow. Travel to expand your mind and start seeing real future opportunities. Still wanting to be entertained, squandering that precious time?
4. Financing things. Eliminate any debt and stay out of debt and do it quickly. Avoid any future purchases with someone else’s money. Never mortgage your future for short term pleasures. Still thinking about financing those liabilities?
5. Investing in 401k. 401k and such programs were created for those who created them; big Gov. Big government is watching your balances closer than you think. In a strike of a pen those funds can be taken away. This will happen when the issue fiat money stops. Still thinking 401k is a great deal for you?
6. Seeking retirement. Retirement is a thing of the past. Get over it. Find something you love to do and do it because you love or you will be forced to do something you don’t like for the money you don’t have. Still thinking about retirement?
7. Counting on pension and social security. Pensions are disappearing fast. Social insecurity is fast becoming the norm. When America was found 85% of the people owned their own businesses. Today 85% of the people depend on someone else to provide for them. Become self-employed and own your own business. Still counting on that pension and social security?
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."
I would love to do a podcast or a blog interview and share my Nuggets with your audience!