KAIZEN Your Life
Kaizen is the practice of continuous improvement. The power of kaizen is in the truth that big results come from many small changes accumulated over time. The almost unnoticeable small improvements compounded over time produce powerful results. Take full responsibility for your life. Don’t get fooled by what the world tells you. Just keep being the energizer bunny!
1. Good habits bring good results. Attack the bad habits and replace them with good habits. There is no magic bullet to cure deep rooted problems; many small problems are contributing to your current situation.
2. Grasp the current situation. Be brutally honest with yourself. Self-deception is the road to self-destruction. Get data to understand why you are where you are.
3. Find the truth. Speak with data, manage by facts. Surrender to the truth and the truth will set you free. Denying the truth will negate any efforts towards improvements.
4. Take action to correct root causes of problems. Take a close look at behaviors. Put urgency towards improving. Time is of the essence. There is no time to completely re-tool your life. List and prioritize the many small changes needed.
5. Partner with others. Find accountable partners and work as a team. Leverage the different experiences of others. Learn from the mistakes others have made. Be open and accept suggestions for improvements.
6. Set realistic, small goals. Start making and never stop small improvements. Keep working on multiple small changes at a time instead of a big change. Track progress by keeping an eye on your score card.
7. Don’t get fooled by the myth of overnight success. Overnight success takes decades in the making. We will all do the work of millionaires during our lifetimes; why not become one?
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."
I would love to do a podcast or a blog interview and share my Nuggets with your audience!