The Undisciplined Pursuit of the Wrong Things
The tittle sounds awful yet that is precisely what most people are doing. Wrongly chasing the wrong things. Why? It is the culture of our day. The undisciplined pursuit of the wrong things leads to unproductive busyness for the accumulation of the wrong things. The key question here is why does it happen to so many people? Here are 7 reasons:
1. Lack of a clear purpose. What is the reason for your being? What are the things that really matter in your life?
2. Lack of priorities. Busyness is not a badge of honor. This comes from the myth that one can fit everything in. How about start living by priorities instead of obligations?
3. Lack of the right plans. It seems easy to switch priorities at whim. We underestimate the time it is going to take to complete the right things. What are the top 3 goals and how are they going to be reached?
4. Instant gratification. Stop going with the flow. Stop living the life others expect of you and start living the life you were born to live. We must be willing to sacrifice the good if we are to get the great things. Why are you falling for the cravings constantly being fed by the media?
5. Thinking material things and money solves everything. Money is just a tool. We must take full control of our personal finances. Otherwise, we will be forever a slave of money. How financially fit are you?
6. Focus on self. Focus on self leads to a stressful and unproductive life. Yielding to the social pressures to conform leads to an unhealthy ego. Can you remember how great you felt when you serve someone in need?
7. Plain consumerism. Consumerism is the accumulation of liabilities; the accumulation of the wrong things, usually of poor quality. How good a deal is it if you don’t really need what you are spending your money on?
The solution to the ailments above is to have a plan for your life. Defend your life plan by making great choices. Be a great negotiator and deal make when it comes to time and money. Create a space so you are clear to what you say YES to. Pattern-interrupt the wrong thinking and respond instead of reacting to the life opportunities in front of you. Learn to say NO in a savvy way. What are you trading your precious time for? Can you recognize the difference between positive and negative social peer pressure?
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Please share with others.
I would love the opportunity to share my Nuggets with your audience!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."