Make America Great Again
Why are these four words resonating so with Americans? The time has come for America to rediscover and reinvent herself. People see that the country is ready for change. America will be great again when we the people become great. The Government will not make America great, we have to do it ourselves so the politicians can say they did it! So how do we go about changing ourselves? What areas of our lives do we have to take responsibility for? Here are 7 areas to begin with that are under our control:
1. Finances. Let’s take full control of our own personal finances. The government finances mirrors our own. Let’s stop spending on ourselves and start investing in ourselves. Personal finances are all about increasing the gap between income and expenses. Reduce expenses and increase income. Let’s become better at playing defense and offense along with learning and applying the rules of money. Let’s get the tools of money and start applying them in our own lives.
2. Purpose. Let’s clearly define what we want out of our own lives. If we don’t know where we are going any place will be the wrong place. How can we hit a target we don’t have? Let’s get the right tools to define our needs, wants, purpose, vision, and mission in our own lives. Let’s make sure we succeed in something that really matters. This is tough work but well worth doing it.
3. Learn. Let’s become voracious learners and building our own libraries. Let’s fall in love with learning again. Read and study the great books 30 minutes per day. Listen to the great minds while driving. Associate with people who are on a similar path you are on. Find a great mentor that has the results you want in life and spend time with her or him. Learning compound so there is no time to waste. By changing and growing we can inspire others to do the same. Have faith. Let’s have strong faith that the best days for America are ahead and not behind us.
4. Leisure. Let’s seek leisure instead of entertainment. Let’s be creative and investing our time in meaning work, work to learn, and above all have fun and enjoyment in creative leisure. Let’s love what we do and we will do what we love. The world is a great place to travel, explore, and have lots of fun.
5. Gratitude and generosity. Let’s tap into the proven power of gratitude and generosity. Counting our blessings daily brings a sense of peace and energy to tackle the difficult problems in life. Be generous and watch your future to grow as you grow with your future. The future will belong to the grateful and generous. Be the example you want to see in others.
6. Communication. Let’s master the art and science of communication. Let’s start leveraging technology instead of allowing technology to leverage us. Let’s learn to express ourselves clearly and concisely. The basic people skills must be mastered by anyone wishing to be a great communicator.
7. Principles. Let’s follow the right time tested principles. Think long term, delay gratification, and leverage the power of compounding. Let’s replace instant with delayed gratification. Nothing worthwhile comes easy or fast. The principles of success have been known for thousands of years. Let’s study, understand, and apply these powerful principles in our own lives.
Imagine how great America will be if we improve in the seven areas above.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Please share with others.
I would love the opportunity to share my Nuggets with your audience!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."