The Man Wearing Many Hats
How many hats do you wear?
John Wright (JW) is a man of many hats. JW is also a man of many talents. I am only covering seven of JW’s hats. I am sure he has many more that I have not discovered yet.
1. The Realtor Hat. JW is known in town for what he does, being a realtor. He is a lot more than a realtor at Berkshire Hathaway! If we add rascal before realtor, then we start to know who he really is. Keep on reading to know more about him.
2. The Gardener Hat. JW loves gardening. He has a true love affair with Fremont Garden and he is the CTH (Chief Tomato Head) for the voluntary army of rascal gardeners. You will find him on Saturday mornings at Fremont Street. He is the first one to come bearing food to feed whoever shows up. He fires up the grill signaling the neighbors that there will be hot dogs, burgers, etc. His signature item is an omelet with garden fresh chives cooked on the grill. Come and eat!
3. The Friend Hat. JW has a way of making friends and keeping them around. The following is a great summary on friendship; came in my daily email today …
No two friends are the same. Each has his or her own gift for us. When we expect one friend to have all we need, we will always be hypercritical, never completely happy with what he or she does have. One friend may offer us affection, another may stimulate our minds, another may strengthen our souls. The more able we are to receive the different gifts our friends have to give us, the more able we will be to offer our own unique but limited gifts. Thus, friendships create a beautiful tapestry of love. Based on the above JW is a super friend.
4. The Son Hat. JW has been caring and helping his ill father for some time. Last Friday his father started being cared for at the local hospice. One would never realize the size of JW’s heart until one listens to him talking about his dad. He is a proud son doing his duty at a critical time for his father’s life.
5. The Entrepreneur Hat. We recently had lunch at the Addington Hills Café on Emmett St when JW explained one of his ideas of a new product. The idea has to do with horses, and that is how far I can go with it!
6. The Horse Lover Hat. JW is a horse lover. If you want to see his demeanor change just ask him about his horses. Before too long he may start talking about the personality of horses.
7. The Neighbor Hat. JW has a way of creating community. He has a way of welcoming people and giving them a sense of belonging. Those who watch him at the Fremont community garden can see how quick he finds something for everyone to contribute to whatever tasks are at hand. Several neighbors stop by on Saturdays to get to know the Tomato Heads and find out what is going on.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Please share with others.
I would love the opportunity to share my Nuggets with your audience!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."