Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What Nonsense?


The nonsense we tell ourselves becomes our reality! Here are 7 things I often hear people saying:

1.      I don’t have money, I can’t afford it. People think and say this so often that it becomes their reality. Instead, think and say “how can I afford it.”
2.      I don’t have enough time. Make time for things that are important. Learn to prioritize and live by your priorities, not your obligations.
3.      It takes too much time. Time passes if we like it or not. Start today! The first step is the most important. See that needs to be done today and do it. Tomorrow’s work with be evident by the end of the day today.
4.      I don’t know how. Focus on the why more than the how. Everything we need to succeed is available. Start by asking the right questions if you want the right answers.
5.      I can’t decide. There are penalties for procrastinating. Actions have consequences. We make quicker and better decisions when we take full responsibility for the consequences of our decisions.
6.      I don’t care. Caring is a leaned skill. People don’t care how much we know until they know how much we care. Presence demonstrates caring.
7.      I am bad at it, I tried it. There is no try in life, only do. We have to be bad at something before we get good at it. Do the uncomfortable if you want to live a comfortable lifestyle.

Stop sabotaging yourself and start living!

Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment