Friday, May 3, 2013

Soul Food


Are you harnessing the power from praying? 


We become what we pray! We are the product of our prayers. Prayer is the language of our souls.

Do you have a personal prayer? What is your prayer? What are we feeding our souls?

Here is my 10 line Prayer of Surrendering and Thanksgiving developed during over 50 years of living.

1.      I believe I am always divinely guided.
2.      I believe I will always take the right turn on the road.
3.      I believe God will always make a way when there is no way.
4.      If God be for me who can be against me?
5.      I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me.
6.      Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
7.      God, make me an instrument of your peace.
8.      Thank you God for being present in my life and my relationships.
9.      Thank you God for all the blessings bestowed upon me.
10.  Thank you God for my assertiveness, courage, faith, patience, persistence, wisdom, and determination.

This prayer will lead you to freedom, abundance, and prosperity beyond your wildest imagination. Print the above prayer and say it 6 times per day, preferably out loud. Say it after getting up in the morning and before falling asleep. When we fall asleep with our minds filled with fear thoughts we will only experience superficial sleep, for beneath the surface, anxieties are disturbing us in our deep subconscious. Practice believing these words and in due time your mental attitude will change. Memorize these words and live them.

Believe in the possibility of a happy life. God is now filling my mind, my body and my soul with peace, courage and strength. I completely surrender myself to God and trust Him for the victory in my life. I put myself completely in His hands. God gives me strength to do my work each day and He is preparing for me a happy and useful future; therefore I will have no fear, I will be filled with love, I will go ahead with confidence.

For years you may have been living in fear and though you cannot change the fear thoughts of years in a moment, such thinking can change over a period of time.

There is only one power that can change human nature, only one, and that the power given to us by faith in Jesus Christ. We must surrender to Him, with all our hearts and give ourselves to Him. Christ is the only One who can release us from ourselves, the only One who can release ourselves from our defeats, the only One who can give us victory. What we lack most is faith in Christ. We have faith when we believe, behave, and belong to Him.

Practice thinking less about your worries and more about God. Instead of thinking how difficult your problems are, think how great and powerful God is. This will change your psychology; but more than that it will release spiritual power into your mind. That will enable you to meet your situations more effectively. Always repeat this prayer from memory and your anxieties will go away.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment