Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Attitude Check


We choose the attitude we have every single day!


Check your attitude daily until it becomes a habit. I often hear people say “I have to” do this or that. Try switching from “have to” to “get to” and see how your attitude changes to a more positive note. Things like “I have to stay home to my kids” to “I get to stay home with my kids.”

Change the way you talk to yourself and see how different you feel.

Here are 7 attitude checks that are useful to keep our attitude in line.
1.      Go from “I have to go to work” to “I get to go to work”
2.      Go from “I have to go to school” to “I get to go to school”
3.      Go from “I have to go to church” to "I get to go to church”
4.      Go from “I have to go to a meeting” to “I get to go to a meeting”
5.      Go from “I have to go help a friend” to “I get to go help a friend”
6.      Go from “I have to go teaching” to “I get to go teaching”
7.      Go from “I have to go to a graduation ceremony” to “I get to go to a graduation ceremony”

Let me know how you felt. Did you feel different?

Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment