ON PURPOSE FOR A PURPOSE
The day we find our purpose, the reason we were born, is the first day we really start living our lives.
Here are the 7 Ps of Purpose:
1. Passion. Our passions lie somewhere in between what we love and what we hate. Our passions give us energy to do great things in life. What are you deeply passionate about?
2. Potential. We all have gifts and abilities buried inside us. Take the time to dig in and find out what you are uniquely designed to do. What can you be the best at?
3. Profit. Our profits come from what we are deeply passionate about and from continuously developing our potential. We all need to be productive and generate an income to live. Money is a by-product of living our passions and potential. What is your economic engine?
4. Prosper. We are all in this world to prosper. In order to prosper we need the help of other people and other people help us. Find the environment where you can get assistance. Find the right community (common unity) where you can help and be helped. People will follow people with a purpose. What marks are you going to leave in the world that will continue after you are gone?
5. Planning. Proper planning produces predictable performance. Plan on being successful but expect setbacks. Develop thick skin when you meet opposition or feel threatened. Be aware of distractions along your journey. What activities give you the required energy necessary to live your purpose and leave a legacy?
6. Performance. We all need a scorecard to measure our results against. There will be times when you fall. Get up and look at the scoreboard. Make the proper adjustment and keep going. Great things only come to those willing to keep score. What scorecard are you using to measure your performance?
7. Perseverance. Believe your purpose is a worthy one and deserves your utmost efforts. Nothing takes place of persistence. We must develop thick skin to persevere when faced with obstacles or rejections. Have the attitude that you will do it anyway because that is what you were born to do. We all have to work so we might work at something meaningful. Do the right thing no matter what. How persistent and consistent are you in the pursuit of your purpose?
You were born to do something purposeful and meaningful. Find your purpose and give it all you got to live it!
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."