The Power of Leadership
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Where there is leadership you will find freedom and progress. What signs does one look for to find leadership? Here are 7 signs:
1. Progress. Where there is leadership there is progress. Where you find progress you find a leader.
2. Learning. Where there is learning there is a leader. Where there is leadership there is continuous learning.
3. Failure. Where there is leadership there are failures. Failure is an integral part of a leader’s journey to realize her vision.
4. Service. Where there is leadership there are servants. Servant hood is part of leadership.
5. Character. Where there is leadership character is being demonstrated. Leadership is character in motion. Leaders have integrity and demonstrate courage.
6. Vision. Where there is no vision people perish either due to fear or chaos. Leadership is required to align the forces for change and progress to happen.
7. Love. Where there is leadership love flows through the individuals providing the energy required for progress.
Leadership is a choice. Everyone at some point is called to lead. The question is: Are you going to be ready when the time comes? Success occurs when opportunity and preparedness meet. Prepare and your chance will come.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)