Wonders of Brazil
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
The nuggets are back after four weeks. The vacation was wonderful and educational. This was the second month-long visit this year to the country I was born and raised.
Brazil is an amazing country full of contrasts. The country is in the spotlight as the holder of the 2014 World Cup Soccer and 2016 Olympics.
Here are 7 wonders one can benefit from visiting and doing business in the 6th largest economy in the world. Today we take a peek into this waking giant.
1. Nature. The natural beauty is simply indescribable. From Iguacu Falls, The Amazon forest, the Pantanal, Rio’s Corcovado, Copacabana beach and the thousands of beaches along the 8,400 km of Atlantic Ocean coastline makes Brazil an amazing country. The country of the future is finally living up to its name.
2. Economy. Healthy economy built upon strong agricultural, industrial, and financial sectors. Brazilians love technology and jumped into the information age. It is no surprise that the youth is interested in the entrepreneurial age. With only 12 percent of the population involved in agriculture Brazil is not only feeding itself but feeding the world. The emphasis on energy led the country to self-sufficiency and energy exports. The emphasis is now in education. The country is now becoming an entrepreneurial nation.
3. People. Brazil is made up of just about all races. With strong European, African, and Indigenous influence Brazilians love who they are. Be wealthy or poor Brazilians are happy people.
4. Weather. Except for some floods and droughts Brazilian weather has seasons for everyone one. A general warm climate except for the winters in the southern region, may explain why Brazilians are so outgoing and friendly. As of late some weather patterns have emerged with temperature swings, something similar to what is happening around the world from time to time since man has kept track of weather.
5. Food. The Brazilian cuisine is truly something to dive in. With strong cultural influences and the Brazilian touch one can find something to suit the palate, from Churrasco to Feijoada or from Vatapa to all the ethnical foods.
6. Fun. The rich music, folklore, and traditional dances blend themselves during the Brazilian Carnaval. For one week the country stop for people to play, laugh, and dance in a show of beauty, colors, and creativity. Brazilians love to spend their weekends on the beach, in a club’s pool, or in a park. Being the soccer wonderland Brazilians are fanatics about their soccer clubs.
7. Culture. As the young nation matures Brazilian music, dances literature, art, and women’s beauty are becoming known to the world.
You have not fully lived yet until you have visited Brazil. Give me a shout if you want to learn more about Brazil.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)