Are you prepared?
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Success comes when opportunity and preparation meet. Opportunity does not knock at our doors every day. When it does are you prepared to recognize it to take action?
Do you get excited just thinking about it? Do you have enough faith the opportunity will come?
Henry Ford said that most people do not recognize opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and it looks like work.
Here are a few questions to get you prepared.
1. Do you know what you want? Is it written and in pictures? Are you focusing on the why of what you want?
2. What does success mean to you? Do you have a clear picture of your destination?
3. How are you preparing to recognize opportunity when it comes? Are you willing to jump into it full throttle?
4. Are you willing to do what it takes to succeed? Are you willing to accept and pay the price?
5. Will you have staying power? Will you persist to the end? Will you finish the race?
6. Will you take responsibility and learn from all the mistakes along the journey? How fast will you get up after every fall?
7. Are you prepared to survive success? What will you do when you get there?
Prepare and your chance will come!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)