Don’t you wish you knew?
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
There are certain truths we all wish we knew earlier in life. Here are 7 that can make all the difference in our lives. Seek the truth, speak the truth, and soon you will be living the truth. Start applying truth in your life and the truth will set you free.
1. Respond instead of reacting. One of the great secrets of life is found in the seconds between stimulus and response. We have the opportunity to practice this truth many times every single day.
2. Investment. The best investment you can make is the one in yourself. Invest in developing the right thinking. Act upon proper thinking.
3. We are the product of our own thinking. We become what we think. We become what we picture. We become what we pray. Improve the quality of your thinking and drastically improve the quality of your life.
4. Looking for treasures. The greatest treasure you will ever find is buried deep inside you. Have the courage to go there and unearth it. Use your treasure for a purpose, for something much bigger than your own survival.
5. Time and money. We all would like to have a lot of free time and unlimited amounts of money. We chase money so we can have free time to spend the money. The best way to have time and money is to invest both instead of spending them.
6. Discovering abilities in others. Man’s greatest ability is to discover and invest in the abilities of others. The only way to achieve lasting success is by helping others to succeed.
7. Discovering and living our purpose. Our purpose is found at the intersection of our passion, our potential, and our profit. Take time to discover your purpose and live it. It takes time to master the skills and abilities necessary to fully live a great life. The price paid during the journey is well worth it.
And now you know. Go forth and do it!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)