The Value of Organization Culture
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Today’s nuggets are on organization culture. Every organization has a culture. What kind of culture is present in your organization? Is it a healthy culture or an unhealthy culture? The quality of the culture is a reflection of the quality of the leadership in the organization.
1. The most valuable intangible asset of an organization is its culture.
2. Great leaders produce the culture and the culture produces the results.
3. Great leaders are precious, great followers are priceless. If you are too big to follow you are too small to lead.
4. Great leaders focus on developing a community of followers so great leaders can emerge.
5. The right organization culture is hard to create and most difficult for the competition to copy.
6. Great leaders love their people and the people love what they do.
7. Leadership is about people, management is about numbers; leaders influence the people and the people influence numbers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)