Suggestions for 2016
After a long break the 7 Daily Nuggets is back!
2016 had a rocky start. Instead of making predictions on what will happen, here are 7 things we can do, things that are in our control, to prepare us for the unexpected. As Dorothy would say, I have the feeling are no longer in Kansas, toto. We are in a new economy where the information age changed the rules of the games we play. May these suggestions help you in the entrepreneurial age.
1. Get back to learning. The only way to thrive in times of fast and ferocious change is to learn. If you are not reading at least one great book a month, you are falling behind. Read wide and deep. For the voracious readers, go for 3-5 books a month. Belong to a community of learners by associating with learners.
2. Gain control of personal finance. The Financial Matrix is running rampant everywhere we look. Focus on eliminating debt. Launch a business to generate new streams of income.
3. Improve health. Focus on prevention. Better eating and more exercise are a must going forward. No matter what politicians do in Washington, healthcare cost will still go up.
4. Live your purpose. If you still don’t know what your purpose is, it is time to detect it. Do what you love or love what you do. Do what you are passionate about or be passionate about what you do. Money follows excellence. Become a professional in your craft.
5. Seek creative leisure. Combine the right work with learning and fun. Prioritize the work and guard your time; take control of your schedule. Seek learning experiences. Start having more fun in all that you do.
6. Focus on serving. Provide better service for those you serve. Keep attitude in check. During tough times, the world is full of grouches. Who does not want to be served with a smile? Get those old people skills, dust them, read them, study them, and apply what they teach.
7. Work on yourself. In this new economy, rewards come from skills, not diplomas. Self-educate yourself. Get the right mentor to grow and prosper faster.
Hope the above was of value to you, was it?
Which one(s) of the above are you going to focus on? Hint. It is probably the one that you paused for a second and thought about it.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Please share with others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."
I would love to do a podcast or a blog interview and share my Nuggets with your audience!