The mother of all skills
Communication is the mother of all skills.
What are the elements of great communication?
1. Preparation. Choose content and message that convey meaning. Choose the right approach. Proper preparation gives the courage to overcome any fear. Are you ready?
2. Words. Great communication is much more than choosing the right words; it is engaging, inspiring, clear, and relevant. Will the message be taken in?
3. Images. Great communication creates images in the mind and emotions in the soul of others, leading into action. Will they be moved by the message?
4. Illustration. Illustrations and stories cement the message being communicated. Stories ignite our imagination. Will they remember?
5. Application. Give clear examples of applying the message being conveyed. Is the message being received and understood?
6. Relevance. What is in it for them? Why, when, how will they benefit?
7. Listening. Speak and listen with all your being. Use all senses to communicate. Are they fully engaged?
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."
I would love to do a podcast or a blog interview and share my Nuggets with your audience!