Are you ready?
The next economic downturn looms ahead. There are too many signs to ignore it. What does one do to prepare to weather the storm and come out stronger than before? Here are a few thoughts. Read them, reflect on them, and above all do something to make you better not just to survive, but to thrive and to help others.
1. You can overcome. Invest heavily in yourself so when the going gets tough the tough gets going. Times of crisis are times of great opportunities for those who are prepared.
2. Be encouraged. Do not quarrel with your lot in life. Have faith, hope, and love. Take the time to love, really love, especially the unlovable and the needy. Things don’t happen to us, they happen for us. Our troubles, difficulties, and obstacles come to shape us into better human beings.
3. Have strong belief. Faith is believing before seeing. Tap into the power of vision. Mental creation always precedes physical creation. Picture a future then create it. Believe in yourself and others. Success happens in direct proportion to their belief of our belief in them.
4. Focus on something that matters. Only fear living a mediocre life full of regrets. Practice your craft with patience and humility. Be generous, unselfish, kind and courteous. Be a gentle man.
5. For heaven’s sake lead. Get ready to lead when the time comes. Prepare, prepare, and prepare. When chaos and confusion come you will be the guiding light for others to follow.
6. Be enthusiastic. Spread enthusiasm everywhere you go. it will build up your immune system to overcome any roadblocks.
7. Be in the trenches. Know the territory you will be fighting on. Know the enemies you will be dealing with. Never leave your future and the future of those you care for chance.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."