When Conventional Wisdom Is No Longer Wise
The conventional views only serve to protect us from thinking. Thinking is only for the few who dare to lead themselves and others to a better way of life.
Here are 7 statements that are generally accepted by the public and the experts:
1. A college degree is the ticket to a great life. No longer true. Self-education and skills are the ticket to a fruitful life. Common sense trumps any conventional education.
2. Being an entrepreneur is risky. No longer true. The best route to a faithful life is through entrepreneurship and the ability to perform.
3. It takes money to create wealth. Not true. It takes a God-given dream and the hunger to pursue that dream to create true wealth.
4. Look for a safe and secure job with good benefits. No longer wise. A safe and secure job is a myth, even in the security industry. There is no freedom in security just like there is no security in freedom.
5. Be reasonable and adapt to the world. Not wise. Be unreasonable and persist until the world around adapts to your way of thinking. Conformity and security has gotten us into a worldwide recession.
6. What you don’t know can’t hurt you. How about living up to your own expectations? Don’t just live to conform to external expectations of who you are and what you are about. Creative people are out of balance, disruptive, disturbing, and unpredictable.
7. Exceed expectations others set for you. Or just go with the flow or that’s the way we do things around here. What we don’t know can kill us. Keeping doing things the same way is a sure way to get obsolete, and quickly!
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."