Wednesday, October 10, 2018

HOW BIG ARE YOUR QUESTIONS?


Asking the Big Questions

There is magic in asking and answering yourself big questions. How often do we stop and ask the big, the right questions to ourselves? This is a great exercise that is being forgotten or ignored by the majority of people. Yet, asking the right questions is the key to get where we want to go in life. Also, answer them thoughtfully, and above all write down your answers. 

How can we hit a target we don’t have? The answer is very simple, we will never hit a target we don’t have. The answers to the big questions will bring meaning to our lives, and that friends, is the key to living a significant life. Answer the following 7 questions and I assure you that you will live a life of meaning and significance. Don’t overthink it, just go ahead and answer and ink the answer.

1.     20 years from now, what would I wish I had done today? We overestimate what we can achieve short term and underestimate what we can achieve on the long term. The compounding effect of accomplishments makes all the difference. Small victories over time lead to big victories.

2.     What do I want to be remembered by? Go for the eternal, not the temporal things. Even the material things we often fight for are worthless when our time comes to leave this world.

3.     If I could live anywhere in the world, where would I live? There are so many wonderful places in the world to live in.

4.     If I could travel anywhere, what would be my top three destinations? The locations may be the candidates for question 3. Go visit the places and spend time there as if you were living there.

5.     What is the purpose and mission of my life? In order to answer this question, you may need to answer other smaller questions like: What do I absolutely love to do? What can I be the best in the world at? What can provide income for my lifestyle?

6.     What do I believe in and why do I believe in what I believe? If we don’t believe in something we fall for anything. Eternity is a long time to be wrong. There are certain things we must not compromise for convenience or fear of upsetting a relativistic world.

7.     What do I live for, what am I willing to die for? What causes reside in my heart, the things I can make a difference.
Carlos Fontana
Financial and Leadership Coach
Get out of debt, make more money, pay less taxes
Be the leader you want to see in the world

"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust"
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious"
“Managers influence numbers, leaders influence people by inspiring them to pursue excellence”

No comments:

Post a Comment