The value of personal development
There is no better investment than making an investing in yourself; the more you learn the more you can earn. Becoming the best version of YOU is not just important; it is becoming essential and necessary to live the life you always wanted.
There are many advantages to releasing better versions of yourself until your last day on this earth. What version of YOU are you currently working on, 2.0 or 9.5?
The advantages of personal development are so many and the disadvantages are so few. There is great value in getting better every day in every possible way. The key is to get the right information from the right sources. The internet is full of misinformation. Follow those that have achieved the success in the areas of life that you are looking for and learn from them. Then, and only then, follow their advice and do what they did.
Success is the freedom to be who you were created to be. Are you accepting full responsibility to get better or are you settling for the mundane? Where have you found value in your personal growth? Here is a list (not all inclusive) of the main specific advantages:
1. Taking full responsibility for your personal development
2. Being a better friend, spouse, parent, neighbor and professional
3. Learning to learn, learn to unlearn and relearn
4. Learning how to think long term
5. Learning how to delay gratification
6. Learning and leveraging the power of compounding applied knowledge
7. Acquiring new and better success habits, skills and abilities
8. Leaning and leveraging the power of reading, listening, and association
9. Having more fulfilling relationships
10. Detecting your life’s purpose and mission
11. Developing your God-given potential
12. Better working opportunities at higher pay
13. Performing more enjoyable work
14. Better self-expression and communicability
15. Faster, bigger, deeper, and better quality of thinking
16. Higher ability of linking ideas
17. Higher levels of creativity and innovation
18. Better problem solving and conflict resolution skill
19. Increasing self-awareness and self-confidence
20. Higher sense of self-direction
21. Higher focus, energy, and effectiveness
22. Higher motivation and ability to inspire others
23. Greater resilience and tenacity
24. Sharpening the mind and the senses
25. Better brain health and delaying or stalling the onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s
26. Better education and self-discovery ability
27. Better decision making ability
28. Increasing influence by helping others
29. Learning how to be a great coach and a mentor to others
30. Higher happiness, joy, quality of life, and leaving a legacy.
And the list could continue… So why aren’t more people investing in their personal development? This shorter list sounds more like excuses than reasons.
1. I don’t need it! Or I can get by without it!
2. I don’t have time! I am already really busy!
3. I am too old! I don’t want to change!
4. I am not a good reader! Or I would rather watch sports
5. It takes too much time, money, and effort!
We can make many excuses or we can have many reasons but we cannot have both and be successful; what is your choice?
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."