Take these old golden nuggets and use them; only if you want to live a better life.
1. Self-assessment. An honest self-assessment is the key to personal growth. Choose to get better.
2. Self-deception. Self-deception is lethal to happiness. Be true to yourself.
3. Responsibility. Accept full responsibility for your actions. Accept the consequences from your actions.
4. Avoidance. Avoid being a prosperous fool. Chase the right goals and dreams.
5. Prosperity. True prosperity is ruled by wisdom. Wealth offers no immunity to error and stupidity.
6. Kindness. Acts of kindness are never wasted. They cost little and they are priceless for those receiving them.
7. Self-indulgence. Self-indulgence and ego are dangerous propositions. Choose restraint.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy