When the ends don’t meet
Why the ends are no longer meeting? Here is a healthy dose of brutal reality. People are taxed until death, living a lot longer, and the government loves you for that. Government officials are laughing all the way to their banks. You have heard the saying that two things are certain, death and taxes; it is truer today than ever before.
1. Increased Taxation. Since 1913 when the government got the power to tax citizens directly, there has been a dramatic increase in the number and level of taxation. Income tax (federal, state, local), property tax, sales tax, gas tax, energy tax, communication tax, tax, tax, tax, …, and a lot more tax. When is it enough? Never. Thank God there is an end to life; there is no end to taxation. There is death tax too. As president Reagan used to say - there we go again! Change is needed, but before it happens, the government by the elite for the elite, that are taxing their people to death, must be dethroned.
2. Inflation. The hidden tax. Governments love inflation. Government prints more fake money to keep more people in poverty. No wonder people are struggling. In the last 15 years real wages real wages for Americans have gone down 8% while the cost of staying alive went up 43%. Imagine losing half of your purchasing ability in just half a generation. Our president just used another executive order to give the military a 1.7% pay increase. The military raise is lower than the private sector raise for the fourth consecutive year. Then, feels he is entitled to an 18% increase in his pay for perpetuity!
3. Debt and Interest. When the ends don’t meet, banks have a solution for you. Debt is now the modern, voluntary form of slavery. Imagine the average person slaving away working extra time, extra jobs, to service the debt. Instant gratification ends up costing your freedom.
4. Increased Life Expectancy and More Unhealthy Care. Technology is helping people live longer. No wonder the government wants to control the healthcare industry as well. It is a monster industry. The government is telling us that they know best how to care for us. If you buy into that you definitely believe a crooked female politician ought to become our next president.
5. Social Insecurity and No Pension. Social security and pensions were never created to be relied totally upon. Yet, the majorities of people believes and are relying upon them. Government then created 401Ks and other retirement plans so we can manage the money for them. Not so bad idea if you are the government and the banks.
6. Re-tire! Retirement was created in the industrial age to convince people to get into doing unpleasant jobs in exchange for a promise of being taking care of in their golden years. The industrial age is gone, and with it goes the retirement promise. Get used to the idea of never re-tiring. Learn to do something you love, get good at it, and do it until the day you die; that way you will not have to get tired again! Get into creative leisure and you will love what you become.
7. Solution - Entrepreneurship. Security is no longer where it used to be. Security used to be found in a safe and secure job (where are they?), with great benefits, with a great company that is loyal to its employees (got pink slip?). Now is the time to wake up and smell, and drink, the coffee. Count on no one. Invest in yourself. You are the best asset. Build the right kind of assets that generate the right kind of income. Drastic global economic changes are coming. As an entrepreneur you will be prepared to deal with the new reality. Despite all the above, the burdens placed upon them, Americans are the greatest people on earth. Americans refuse to give up. They continue to be inventive, tenacious, and ingenious to build enterprises that benefit the world. Americans are who they are and do what they do because the nation was created to be the greatest nation, a land guided by Godly principles where anyone with a dream can achieve what they set their minds and hearts to achieve, despite the hardships placed on them by their own government. And that my dear reader is the chief reason why so many foreign people want to come to America. America is a place where one can temporarily suspend reality, dream big and still believe that things are possible and our Creator is on our side.
When ends don’t meet we become negatively stretched and stressed and energy is wasted. When ends meet we tolerate life and settle for the mundane. When ends overlap we become strong and free to pursue something much greater than ourselves.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."