Why I am NOT living the life I always wanted?
If you feel you are working more and harder, you are not alone, most workers feel just like you do. If you feel you are just going through the daily grind, getting tired and not getting ahead in life, you are not alone; many people are feeling just like you, trapped in the financial matrix, in the gerbil wheel, running faster and faster going nowhere. If you feel you are not living the life you imagined when you were young, you are not alone, many people feel the same way. Here is what I found. Read the following, think about it, and identify the reasons you feel the way you do. Could it be that:
1. I don’t have a dream. The majority of people do not have clear and written dreams; they just have fantasies. Take the time to define your dreams. Write them down, keep them in front of you, and picture them as being part of your daily life.
2. My dream is not big enough. A dream has to be big enough to exert a pull on you. It has to be bigger than the obstacles you are going to face during your journey. Material things are not big enough to propel you forward. Leaving a family legacy for generations to come exerts a much stronger pull on you.
3. I don’t have a dread. A dread is something you are running from, something you would like to get away from, like working in a job you don’t like. Dreads make you upset. Dreads can exert a very strong pull on you.
4. My dread is not big enough. We can never change what we can tolerate. Ask yourself the question – why am I tolerating my situation? Things only change when we are no longer willing to accept our dread.
5. My ego is on the way. The road to failure is paved with man buried in their egos. Kill your ego, bury it, and move on with your life.
6. My pride is on the way. Pride prevents people from living their purpose. Give credit away since most likely it belongs to someone else anyway. In the interconnected world we live in today, success only comes from recognizing how many people helped us to succeed.
7. I am not living my priorities. Most people live by their obligations and not by their priorities because of the six reasons above. Ask the right questions when making decisions, make the right decisions, and manage your decisions. Think long term, delay gratification, and be patient enough to leverage the power of compounding.
Hope the above helps you to change the course of your life.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Please share with others.
I would love the opportunity to share my Nuggets with your audience!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Author of the book Priceless, Co-author of the book Follow to Lead
"The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious."
"Those that take swift action will always leave those that don't breathing the dust."