Do you know your heritage?
Heritage is what is passed from one generation to the next. Heritage is the background we come from. Our heritage explains who we are. Knowing our heritage helps us to understand where we come from and helps us determine where we are going.
A great place to start is to ask questions to parents and grandparents. Explore the following areas:
1. Traditions. What and why were the customs and traditions?
2. Beliefs. What and why were the core beliefs?
3. Cultures. What and why were the main cultural traits?
4. Professions. What and why were the main professions?
5. Languages. What and why were the main languages and/or dialects?
6. Foods. What and why were the main culinary abilities?
7. Lifestyles. What and why were the main lifestyles?
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy