1. Express gratitude often. Learn to see the greatness in you, in those around you, and in the world we live in. Take time to be grateful for what you have.
2. Be compassionate towards others. No matter how tough our lives are there is always someone that has worse than we do. Give a hand up to others. Empathize instead of sympathize.
3. Have an accurate self-assessment. Self-deception is the hallmark of losers. Self-deception and low self-esteem are closely related.
4. Use reframing. Be careful what stories you are telling yourself; they tend to stay with you. What matters is what we do with what happens to us not what actually happens to us. There is always a blessing in disguise in every challenge.
5. Be a learner for life. Self-discovery is a big self-esteem booster. Be always alert to learn every day in every way. Self-education is the key to boost self-esteem. Apply the lessons to get results. The day we stop learning we start dying.
6. Stop judging. God alone is qualified to judge the heart of man. We never know what is in the heart of man.
7. Shut down the inner critic. Our biggest critic lives inside us. Learn to quiet down the negative voice and turn up the positive voice. Stop listening to yourself and start talking to yourself.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy