1. Be response-able. Take full responsibility for what happens to you. Tell the right stories to yourself from what happens to you.
2. Get better. Work hard at being yourself, not someone else. Never live vicariously through the fame of others. Seeking popularity is a sure way to squaner a life.
3. Know who you are. Knowing and dealing with yourself builds confidence. The more you know about yourself the more you will be able to help others.
4. Be real. Never get into the trap of self-worship; leave that to all the false ministers out there.
5. Handle rejection. No one will ever succeed without the ability to handle rejection. Let rejections energize you as it did Colonel Sanders of KFC.
6. Collect memories. We are all here to use our blessings to collect priceless moments. Use your privileges for a purpose not your pleasures.
7. Be a creator. Why not create things worthy of writing about? Let your life speak. Start by giving a tittle to your life. If your life could speak what would it say to the world?
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)