Wisdom from Pope Francis
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Pope Francis is a Pope from the people for the people. His recent visit to Brazil to emphasize the value faith in our youth has been outstanding. It is believed that 4 million people from around the world gathered in Rio’s famous Copacabana beach.
Here is my English translation from a Portuguese post on my Facebook wall posted couple days ago.
10 Life Lessons from Pope Francis:
1. Travel light through life. Don’t carry baggage.
2. Give importance to values. Honesty, goodness, truth, …
3. Cultivate personal relationships. Relate with several people, get out of the comfort zone.
4. Be out on the streets. Blending with the people makes things clear and humanizing.
5. Be common and extraordinary. Be part of work, leisure, church groups, with discretion.
6. Cultivate the differences. Live with professionals from other areas, of other religions, …
7. Value the family. Give priority to closeness of family members.
8. Do not be ashamed of being humble. Renounce being known for the titles you have.
9. Recognize your faults. Everybody sins, even the Pope sins, be more compassionate with yourself.
10. Take care of your friends. Friendship is a transforming relationship, of profound engagement requiring attention and giving.
(Special report from Epoca magazine, issue No. 791)
The mind works like a parachute, only when it is open.
Now you know so apply what you know!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)